For Android devices, the activity tracker services compatible with your program are Google Fit and Fitbit. We recommend using either one of these services for the best experience.
However, if you use a different activity tracker, you might be able to connect it to the Google Fit app, which will then upload your data to the platform. Click here for instructions on how to do that, and then return to this page.
Before connecting a tracker service to the platform, please note the following:
- The connection process outlined below can only be done through the Aduro Mobile App, and not through the program website.
- In the case of Fitbit, the free Fitbit app itself can track individual exercise sessions that you start and stop manually, and a separate Fitbit device is not needed. For assistance with the Fitbit standalone app, click here to visit their support page.
- You must also join a tracker-compatible Activity to earn points in your program.
To connect a tracker service to your program, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install either Google Fit or the Fitbit app from Google Play onto your Android device.
2. Create a Google Fit or Fitbit account for yourself. If you're using a separate tracker device, such as a watch, connect and sync it to the tracker service.
3. If you need help setting up Google Fit, click here to visit their support page. If you need help setting up the Fitbit app and/or devices, click here to visit their support page.
4. Use your activity tracker for 48 hours, and make sure it is tallying your data accurately.
5. Download and install the Aduro Mobile App from Google Play onto your Android device.
6. Log in to the Aduro Mobile App using the same credentials you use with your program website.
7. Once logged in to the app, tap the Menu icon (a series of horizontal lines) in the upper right to open a drop-down menu.
8. In the drop-down menu, tap Devices.
9. The Devices & Apps screen will list any compatible activity tracker services available for use on your device. Tap the Connect link for your chosen tracker service.
10. Your device’s web browser will open, and you will be prompted to log in to your activity tracker service account. You must give permission for data from your tracker service to be uploaded to the platform.
11. Note that data upload may happen quickly, but you should allow up to 24 hours for a full sync. To confirm upload on the Aduro Mobile App, tap the Me icon on the bottom menu bar (person icon on the right), and then tap the My Data tile.
12. If your data upload is ever interrupted, return to the Devices & Apps screen and tap the Manage button to disconnect your tracker service from the platform. Then reconnect the service to the platform, and wait 24 hours for a fresh sync.
13. To help ensure that the connection between your tracker service and the platform remains open and stable, we recommend that you occasionally log in to your tracker service account and review your data. This usually causes your tracker service to actively review all data settings and connections.
If you need assistance, please submit a help request. Click the chat icon (speech bubble) in the lower right corner of the page to connect with a live agent, or click the Submit a Request link at the top of the page, and we'll respond via email as soon as possible. When submitting a help request, please include the following information as applicable:
- Your name
- Your phone number and time zone (esp. for account, personal or protected health information issues)
- Your employer or company providing the program
- Device you’re using and the operating system
- Web browser you’re using and the version number, OR Aduro Mobile App version number (when logged in, tap the menu icon in the upper right)
- Step-by-step description of the issue, including the names of any Activities, Paths, etc. involved
- Screenshots that illustrate the issue, if possible
Article is closed for comments.